- Have you purchased handmade, or "boutique," clothes or accessories for your kids in the past?
- Have you ever gone into your local family-owned toy shop in search of unique toys for your children? Something perhaps you can't find at Walmart or Toys R Us?
- Have you ever received a handmade quilt, baby blanket or pillow for your child?
- Have you ever purchased anything for your child at a local arts & craft fair? or at your school? or at your church?
- Have you ever commissioned a special piece of furniture (crib, rocking chair, high chair, doll house) from a local artisan?
- Have you purchased anything on Etsy, and I mean anything (jewelry, shoes, toys, clothes, hairbows, bibs, burp cloths, blankets, booties, books) for your kids in the past?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then this law will affect you too.
So, what can you do to help? There are several ways you can make your opinion be heard:
Sign this petition to repeal the CPSIA
Vote for this idea on Change.org to be presented to President Elect Obama on inauguration day
If you feel so inclined, contact your Senator and Congressman/woman regarding this issue
Spread the word! The more people that are aware of this the better.
Be sure to check back tomorrow for information on our first Giveaway! Trust me you won't want to miss out!
Have a blessed day!!